Porting windows phone 8.0 apps to windows phone 8.1 -


I am working on a project in the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK for the previous year or now that Windows Phone 8.1 SDK I have been trying to shut down my application on 8.1 SDK.

Currently, I have targeted my application which was created from 8.0 to 8.1. it works fine. But there are some things that are eager to know more about namespace changes

So now all Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 apps come under the Windows Store app, there are certain namespace Are missing For example, the System.IO.IsolatedStorage name space is not present in the SDK but there exists Windows.storage namespace that can serve the same purpose.

This is really interesting, where it is,

I have a solution with 10 projects built in 8.0, and 8.1 is targeted. System.IO.IsolatedStorage Namespace still works and the Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media Namespace still works. But when I make a new project in the same solution, I do not get this namespace

I am getting the point that the original project was built in 8.0 and that is why I see first namespaces I am able to But the problem arises when I would like to use separate storage data in 8.1 SDK.

I assume that the solution will be to change every namespace of Windows. Archive instead of System.IO.IsolatedStorage. This is going to be a tedious process as we have a large application on the application here.

Am I missing something here? What is the best practice?

But when I make a new project in the same solution, I do not get it Name space

Looks like you're creating a Windows runtime project in your solution, and your existing solutions are Silverlight 8.1 solutions

You need to make sure that you Select a project type that contains "Silverlight".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -