eclipse - Will installing Egit interfere with existing Git installation? -


I am working with Git from the command line for a few weeks. I am on a project which uses Eclipse as IDE and for the Git plugin. I am worried that by installing EGIT I am going to destroy any GIT configs in my existing projects (which I am keeping / coding straight from the terminal).

If the ejeet can interfere, how (and how can I avoid it)? If not, then why?

No, it does not interfere. EGIT only works within Eclipse and a command line GIT installation Is independent of Configuration EGit definitely reads your existing gitconfig but if you use the recent GIT version on the command line, then there should be no differences in config.

Actually you can work on the command line on the command line, push etc. No matter if the thing is configured for eclipse eclipse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -