Max Input Vars in php.ini between performance and security -


I have a problem submitting forms in my PHPbb3 forum, in particular, with those large panels in the administration panel, In fact, though, in the php log I have seen a warning: <21-Apr-2014 07:36:37 Europe / Belgrade] PHP Warning: Unknown: input variables have become more than 1000. To increase the limit, change the max_input_vars in php.ini to unknown in line 0

I have increased the value to 2500 but the alert is still though, after setting it to 10000 it will run Gone and the form got frozen properly

My question is this: Is there a problem having 10000 in its security or / and performance of my server?

There is a lack of use of thousands variables in a form post, display both sides, servers and Skip to the client. All values ​​are encoded, copied and decoded at times, so it eats performance and memory and what?

But I would say that this is not really the point. You should think of something that this thing is: why that stuff requires thousands of variables in that post? It seems to be crazy I suggest that you should reconsider the architecture behind it. A very simple and more robust solution should be a specific approach that all the variables have to be encoded in the same, usually some JSON Data Block

So far I have only seen an example of an architecture, Where someone tried to apply a CSV file editor as a html html / http based form, posting all the fields as separate variables . Believe me, there are better approaches for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -