Ruby class instance fields hidden -


This is a very simple question, but I can not understand what is happening here. This is my simple model:

  class user attr_accessor: first_name, last_name end   

I can write first_name and user for the last_name field, and when I call that user through the specified variable, I get this:

  & gt; U = & gt; # & Lt; Users & gt;   

This does not show the fields I wrote but when I do this (for the previous and first names):

  & gt; U.first_name = & gt; "John"   

When I call u the whole object is not showing? Like = & gt; # & Lt; User first_name: 'john' lastname: 'smith' & gt; . What do I need to add to my model to get that output? thank you in advanced.

One object is string to_s The method used for human-readable debugging output is inspection . Some environments also use other methods, e.g. pry (or some plugins) uses pretty_inspect for "beautiful" human-readable debugging output. You need to implement those methods.

Example:

  Inspect class user def "# & lt; # {self.class} first_name: '# {first_name}', last_name: '# {last_name} } '& gt; "End End    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -