sql - How to join tables on incompatible columns? -


I have a link to the timecards third party data file in the accesscard and in the area where I have a problem, as "short" Listed - area of ​​text. There is an employee number in that area, which contains all the numerical data. When I link to the employee file to get employee names, I do not get a full match on all the records. I used the keyword "wise" to change the number but how do I use that number to link to the employee file? We are converting essential data into numerical values ​​in two tables and then using those tables, but it takes time and automatically eliminates the purpose of current data.

You can convert on the fly

  from SELECT * A , B WHERE CLNG (AID) = CLNG (BID)   

(I assume that the column A is already numeric.) < P> You can also make conversions using the syntax, but the query designer will not be able to display this query, if the function is used in the ON section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -