N-ary Generic Tree -- Java Interview -


Please forgive me if this question has already been asked. I recently took an interview for a job after completing a code evaluation that was based on the use of N-Arya tree and amp; Two traversal methods

As most examples of this site, I have used generics to define my tree / node data type so that I can apply strict use of any type of data type , Which I declare with tree type. Okay, to reduce a long story, my results were fine but the interviewer asked me why I used generics for my tree data structure, because I told them it is because of any kind of use in my evaluation The best way to implement the data type of the tree was. I also told them that I have created a similar data structure before, and recalled how it implemented it.

Is my first question far?

:

The code using generics has many advantages over non-normal code Is:

  • Check on strong compile time. A Java compiler applies normal code to a strong type of probe and issues errors if code violates security of type, fixing runtime errors, it is easy to fix compile-time errors, which are difficult to find It is possible.
  • Elimination of cast.

    Generic without requiring the following code snippet:

      list list = new arrelist (); list.add ("hello"); String s = (string) list.get (0);   

    The code does not require casting when rewritten to use generics:

      list & lt; String & gt; List = New Arrestist & lt; String & gt; (); List.add ("hello"); String s = list.get (0); // No cast   
    • Enabling programmers to apply normal algorithms Using generic, programmers can apply generic algorithms that work on different types of archives , They can be customized, and those types are safe and easy to read.

      Now, you can compare your answer with one of the best answers (if not best).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -