Running scripts in u-boot with qemu on arm -


I am working with U-Boot on ARM using QEMU, I can do both Linux and U-Boot I am using a 'versatile pub' machine. I would like to write one for handling some boot processes (set kernel ARG, calculation of CRC, etc.) - but I can not seem to know how to run my script. I got the script in memory and I got it with U-Boot Identify the image:

  Verbatim PB # ImmunoFXx285EC ##000285 Checking Image on AC ... Legacy Image Found Image Name: Test Linux Boot Image Type: ARM Linux Script (Asmod Data Size: 300 Bytes = 300 Bytes Load Address: 00000000 Entry Point: 00000000 Material: Image 0: 292 Bytes = 292 Bytes Checksum Checking ... OK   

However, I Do not know how to run it:

  VersatilePB # run 0x285EC unknown command 'run' - try 'help' VersatilePB # autoscr 0x285EC unknown command 'autoscr' - try ' Starting application on 'VersatilePB # go 0x285EC ## 0x000285EC ... qemu: Fatal: 0x56190526 to execute code outside RAM or ROM   

I understand that the last command has failed since then is a script image (created using the mkimage - a hand-t script - none of the c - N "test linux boot" -d myscript.sh ./boot-commands.img ) and not an actual standalone application.

My test script is very simple and just to boot a Linux kernel:

  # global variable FLASH_ADDR = 0x34000000 BOOT_ARGS = "console = ttyAMA0" # Now we Trying to boot it from the start of Flash Cenew boot CMD bootum $ FLASH_ADDR setenv bootargs $ BOOT_ARGS   

typing on the U-boot command line bootm 0x34000000 Boots

Am I missing something to run a U-boot script?

This is the answer to a community wiki.

You should add a version of U-Boot that you are using. For the "run" command, verify that CONFIG_CMD_RUN is defined in your configuration.

The command autoscr is enabled by defining CONFIG_CMD_SOURCE in your configuration. The scripts should not run as plain ascii by

and should be pre-processed by the mkimage as per the documentation .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -