Java applet still getting security error after signing jar -


I'm really wandering here. I have found an old applet and I have been told that people with Java version 7 will get the security error removed. I have received a code signing certificate from GoDaddy.com and signed the jar with it. I then put a new applet on Unix server where it is used by CGI web page (Apache Web server).

Now I'm getting the error in saying that 'missing' is required in the main jar, the manifest attribute: [server url] /factorportal.jar

I know there is not enough about java, applet, jar and certificates. Do any spoon do I need to do to run this applet without any errors? Only partial and very misleading information has been found in my Google searches, my unfamiliarity with the process is most likely to my problem.

Since 7u25 you have the permissions: sandbox in Meta-INF / MANIFEST.MF file ( M option has been added to the jar command line utility). It is here that jar can verify its origin without raising the privilege, traditionally verified with Java trust is basically connected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -