asp.net mvc - Trying to configure SMTP correctly in Web.config for Azure Website. Cannot get to work -


I am struggling to work on my SMTP email in Ezur websites. This works on my local setup :

  & lt; Mail settings and gt; & Lt; smtp delivery method = "network" & gt; & Lt; Network Host = "relay.myIsp.net" userName = "" password = "" port = "25" /> & Lt; / Smtp & gt; & Lt; / MailSettings & gt;   

I have changed the name of my ISP to "IISP", besides this it is the same.

I've read some posts about insecure Azure.config, but I could not find it.

I'm using ActionMailer.net, which looks good as my email message maker.

Follows through the application, no error, I do not get any email yet.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

SendGrid Web.config Setup, therefore, no problems on port 25 or 587 Azure websites:

  & lt; System.net & gt; & Lt; MailSettings & gt; & Lt; Smtp = "test@domain.com" & gt; & Lt; Network host = "server" password = "password" userName = "user name" port = "587" /> & Lt; / Smtp & gt; & Lt; / MailSettings & gt; & Lt; /system.net>  

As far as I know, Azure websites and web roles block port 25 I do not, nor do port 587 as Sendgrid and other e-mail accounts I have tried without working without using these ports.

However, considering your configuration, I suspect That may be due to lack of username and password. Having an open relay to send email is a big security mistake (seems spam gateway). Generally, you need to authenticate the email server to send e-mails because it is working from home, it can only work because you are connecting to the email server (you have your ISP's modem and IP subnet ) And they automatically know that this is an OK connection.

Troubleshooting, I would recommend trying with a SendGrid or Gmail account if it works, then it will point you to a configuration issue with your ISP.

Example Gmail Configuration:

  & lt; System.net & gt; & Lt; MailSettings & gt; & Lt; smtp delivery method = "network" & gt; & Lt; Network default credentials = "false" enabled SSL = "true" host = "smtp.gmail.com" port = "587" user name = "xxxxxxx@gmail.com" password = "xxxxxxxxxxx" /> & lt; / Smtp & gt; & Lt; / MailSettings & gt; & Lt; /system.net>    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -