git - Deleted the file I tried to commit, no message -


I am a new user who tried to minimize and push the .md file before me Has been doing. I messed up and tried to commit without a message, giving me a fatal error and file landing in both locally and volatile areas.

Online advice asked to remove it. I tried RM and got the same fatal error message. Other online help called the file "physically removed", and did not ensure that it meant that I removed it and emptied the garbage.

I do not need a file "I'm happy to start." I just need to clean up the mess and start over again.

I tried to reset, I tried RM cache.

What's shown here in Jit Guinea, in the yellow area in the fourth part of the northeast:

  Stage for the comment, missing   

git status branch master, the initial commit, change to commit: (to use "git rm - to protect -"), then it was deleted Lists lists the file as green file in the form of a new file, then unchanged changes for the commit, a new suggestion / rm or checkout (all attempts) to be added, and removed it in the red file Listed file Ddh does.

The

  fatal, unable to project / .git / index.lock: file exists.   

Then it says that if any other GIT process is not currently running, then it is possible that the first one guit process in this repo has crashed, and it suggests that I physically extracted the file.

I am using git bash according to my Coursera instructions, and it does not allow me to copy the way the text has been used. I also got a guitar, and I see that git bash against output. It's all new to me. I'm sure I remembered a few parentheses and / or quotation marks because I tried to write everything I wrote in the error message.

I do not know what a shell is. I'm using Windows 7.

I do not have any other file in this repo and I can start it. Not sure how to remove the repo but I can see it if it's okay.

You mentioned that this is your ago if you are just < Strong> To completely clean , the easiest way to do this is to remove cd in your directory (inside git bash ), delete < Code> .git directory, and start your instructions starting from the beginning.

Alert : This will delete your entire local repository , so make sure you do not actually need it.

  rm -rf.git   

If you are purely at the local store, and you want to restart, you can do this :

  git init git MyFile.md git commit -m "commit message" add    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -