Chef organizing nodes -


I am organizing my managed nodes, I have 12 machine 5 apps, 5 db and 2 memcache. I have 3 roles accordingly. This is the atmosphere, I have a large number of machines with staging and production environments. Therefore I prepare chef atmosphere accordingly.

  role: app nodes: 5 ap nodes cookbook: tomcat, java override_editgej: {Java_version: 1.6.0}   

and so on for DB and memcatch ...

If we later decide to upgrade Java to 1.7, then update the override_tribute of the roll to 1.7, all 5 nodes should be affected.

My question is if I have a situation where only one machine is left with 1.6.0 and the rest is all 1.7 best practice.

The option I tried, one. The extra node at [fqdn] == HARD_CODED .. The condition in the cookbook. But this situation is only on the Dev environment, staging and production will have the same Java version. I do not have to cook different cookbooks. Override_triboots has Java_version: 1.7, java_1.6_ Host: "Exception_Host" but makes the role very complex. Databases to override but since configs are in many places, this configurts error.

I know that there is no definitive answer to this, but I want to get some ideas on the best ways of applying a similar configuration to machines and how do you have some exceptions to them Have to handle?

I go to the rule with the option of using a node force_override attribute to define exception Will happen. Since the node is the force_overrade attribute, you should be able to set it on a node, which needs to be on 1.6, then update the environment, take other nodes to 1.7.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -