Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac -


To set up the ROR on my Mac (V10.9.2), I have decided to follow the instructions of Ruby 1.9.2:

/ p>

"rvm install 1.9.2" was taking too long, so based on the suggestions on SO, I used "rvm requirements" to install each individual needs with the MacPorts I then performed "rvm install 1.9.2" and it ran very fast.

When I tried to execute "Mani Rail", I received an error message

Activesupport requires the Ruby version & gt; = 1.9.3

As a result, I went back and tried again with 1.9.3:

  rvm install 1.9. 3 rvm - default 1.9.3 gem update gem installed rails   

This time, during the rail-established order, the stuck in setting up the document for the process rail. I decided to interrupt it and run it instead:

  Install Gem --no-ri --no-rdoc rails   

This worked! I ran the following:

  Rail New Pong; CD Pong; The train generated the controller welcome index   

The last command in that string gave me the following error:

/Users/me/.rvm/gems/ruby - 1.9.3-P545 / Gemstones / Spring-1.1.2 / Leib / Spring / SDR: Rb: 17: In the fiddle_func: Uninified Extended Spring :: SID :: DL (name-error) / user / User / IMA / RVM / Games from / s / 'My / RVM / Ratna / Ruby -1.9.3-P545 / Gemstones / Spring -1.1.2 / Leib / Spring / SIDRB: 30: / R B- 1.9.3-P545 / Gemstones / Spring-1.1.2 / Leib / Spring / SIDRB: 39: In pgid '/users/me/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p545 From / gems /spring-1.1.2/lib/spring/server.rb:78:in set_pgid 'to / user / ima / rvm / games / rbi-1.9.3-p545 / james / cypring - 1.1.2 /lib/spring/server.rb:34:in/user/me/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p545/gems/spring-1.1.2/lib/spring/server to Boot 'RB: 14: in the Boot / User / IMA / RVM / GIMS / RUB-1.9.3-P545 / GPS / Aspiring -1.1.2 / LIB / Aspiring / Client / RomanRB 36: In the boot_server block / user / ima / RVM / GIMS / RUB-1.9.3-P545 / GPS / SPEING-1.1.2 / LIB / ASPRING / CLIENT / CRY. RB 34: IN FORK 'FROM /Users/me/.rvm/gems /ruby-1.9.3-p545/gems/spring-1.1.2/lib/spring/client/run.rb:34:in boot_server '/ user / me /.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9. 3-p545 / gems / spring-1.1.2 / lib / spring / client / run.rb18: in by call / user / ima / rvm / gems / ruby ​​-1.9.3-p545 / gemstone / spring -1.1.2 / LIB / Spring / Client / CommandRB: 7: In the call '/ users / me / .rvm / gems / ruby-1.9 .3-p545 / gem / spring -1.1.2 / Lib / Spring / Client / Rail RB: 23: in call / from user / IMA / RVM / GM / RB-1.9.3-P545 /gems/spring-1.1.2/lib/spring/client/command.rb:7:IN Uses / Uses / IMA / RVM / GMS / RBI-1.9.3-P545 / GEMS / ASpring- 1.1.2 / lib / spring / client.rb: 26: In Runs / users / Me / .rvm / gems / ruby-1.9.3-p545 / gems / spring-1.1.2 / bin / to spring: 48: in & lt; Top (required) & gt; 'From / Users / IMA / RRM / Games / RUB-1.9.3-P545 / GPS / SPEING -1.1.2 / LIB / ASPING / BUNTAB RB11: From Load / User / I / .rvm / gems / ruby-1.9.3-p545 / Gemstones / Spring -1.1.2 / Lib / Spring / Buntb RB: 11: In & lt; Top (required) & gt; '/ User / me / coding / pong / bin / spring from: 16: in & lt; Top (required) & gt; From: / user / me / coding / pong / bin / spring: 16: requires ; Based on the 'Bin / Rail: 3: in the Load / Bin / Rail: 3:'

and on the basis of suggestions, I have a different compiler: / P>

  Installed port GCC 46 CC = 'GCC-MP-4.6' RVM Restore 1.9.3 Install Gem Revolver 1.9.3   

The only problem is this installation also with.

First of all, uninstall 1.9.2. 1.9.3-P545 is the oldest supported version, so far at least

Next, uninstall the 'Spring-order-RSPE' and run a gem unstain -all another bundle installed Do it. FWI, I'm capable of running the spring on my 10.9.2 Macbook. If your GCC is giving you problems then you may have to reinstall the encoded command line tools.

In addition, you do not need spring to run a rail app. It is primarily a subsidiary during development and testing. When you clean things up, I will actually remove the thing from your jammfile to the need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -