css - Span element not aligning properly in Chrome on Windows 8 -


Then this is a doozy ...

Our QA department reported a bug that only Chrome 8. Windows 8. Works fine in all other browsers on all other browsers. Bug? The text within a span element goes down below, where it should be placed, trying to align the full height of the element.

When it was told, I was working from home, so I actually installed Windows 8 on the latest iMac and installed the latest Chrome - the same version was tested by QA - but the bug Everything could not be reproduced completely aligned. Tried every possible screen resolution and all were pretty good.

So I have returned to the office today, and a QA has installed me a laptop with Windows 8, and will not you know this? The text is not properly aligned. It's a Lenovo UltraBook, a difference, though: disabling a touch screen but even touch screen (and verifying through the Dev console that Chrome no longer recognizes the touch screen) did not fix the problem .

There was no add-on in Chrome installation.

What do I want? Here's the code:

  & lt; div id = "text_container" & gt; & Lt; span style = "padding: 0x;" Class = "textName" id = "text_page" & gt; The problem text is correct & lt; / Span & gt; & Lt; / Div & gt;   

Now ... "TextContainer" CSS contains the following:

  margin: 0; Padding: 0; Width: 1024px;   

"textName" is defined with:

  font-size: 10em; Margin-left: 1.55%; Opacity: 0.7; Status: Completed; Text-Conversion: Uppercase Head: 0.8 AM; There is no CSS defined in   

#text_page Again, all chrome looks perfect except for a Windows 8 device, a touchscreen laptop that has a tablet The couple is in the form.

Thanks for your help, though the suggestions did not help people, I still appreciate the time I am

However, I have fixed this issue, and yes, it was based on my observation that the font size was measured in "em". Now, I'm really programming some other kind of web site for twenty years, and this definitely comes under the "Learning something new day" category ...

I always "px "But then, the person who was coded it wanted to be able to fit the font scale, so the way to go" em "was now, which I did not know that the" AM "base calculates itself based on the font size Is ... and since the original font size is not defined Coming, I think it is certain that the browser should be the base font size. Using Dev Tool, it seems that browsers were default for 16px as the default font size ...

... leaving the Chrome on a Windows 8 laptop, which sets the base font size Having been up to 24px on further examination, the laptop has a very strange 'high screen resolution: 3200 x 1800, so I guess it has some kind of effect. It also explains that I could not reproduce the problem on Chrome in Windows 8 in my iMac because my iMac just goes up like a 1920 x, so I could not get almost the screen ridge.

Then I went to the CSS and the body's font-size attribute was set to 16px, and fixed the problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -