Visual studio setup project permission -


I am creating an installation package using the Visual Studio Setup project. It all went well and the installation package really installs my windows app and it runs, but when the app tries to write in a settings.xml file (inside the installation folder and it does not already exist) Then I get the path [access folder access path] \ settings.xml has been rejected! Inside the installation package can allow an app installed to create an overwrite. One more thing is that my app reaches the clipboard (takes the data on the clipboard or writes) so do I still need to give this permission to my app, and if so, then I would like to add my app (this install) to these permissions How to set up the setup project?

ps In my original app I set it to full confidence.

This is the reason why the program files folder needs to have administrator privileges to write forever Such as user's application data) that a limited user can write.

This requires your executable which requires upgrades - make it appear with the upgrade so that the user can be asked to get administrator rights (assuming the user's administrative rights). Even if users are administrators, they do not run with administrator rights by default. This is the way that the UAC works.

On the other hand, if you want limited users to use your app, make sure that you write data in places like user's application data folder, and do not update any HKLM registry items. Do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -