encoding - Why is the output of the linux bash64 command different than other encoders? -


If I run the command echo 1234 | base64 , I get back to MTIzNAo = . If I input a string into other encoders (for example), I get different MTIzNA == .

I see a similar pattern with the difference between the encoder. Both outputs look very similar, but differences from the last or the last to the last character are different.

echo 12345678 | Base 64 Output MTIzNDU2NzgK , but I found MTIzNDU2Nzg =

on base64encode.org, nodejs also as an encoder of base 64 encoder Returns the output, so I'm assuming this is not true in how Linux is using the base64 command.

What is the difference?

Because there is a new line:

  alex @ galene ~ $ Echo -n 1234 | base64 MTIzNA ==    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -