Matlab gamma correction when opening and writing files -


I am using matlab to do some calculation on images, and my first impression was that after reading one The value stored in matlab matrix was a gamma right from a JPEG file, so, I should write the following code:

  im = (double (('Myim. jpg'))) / 255) ^ 2.2;   

To obtain a matrix with values ​​in linear space. However, I tried the following: Generate a linear shield:

  X = 1: 256 shield (:, x) = ones (128,1) * (x-1) / 255 for; End   

Then I write it in jpeg file and read it again:

  imwrite (gradient, 'gradient.jpg', 'quality' , 100); gradient_jpg = double (imed ('gradient.jpg')) / 255;   

Now I expect the gradient and gradient_jpeg to be isolated, because as it was written as a JPG file and the second was not there, the latter gamma was correct. Both matrix exits I and I am the place where I do not understand. In the last test, I tried to open the same JPG image from Matlab and HDRops. Both images are shown on the same screen, but when I look at the values ​​in the images, they are not the value of values ​​in matlab I get in the HDR on the power of 2.2 (roughly). So my question is ... when a JPEG file reads, or I have,

thanks in advance

This is a good question. I'm here for the same reason.

In the document to write, I do not see any option for gamma correction, and it is silent on the whole issue.

I get the same value in the matrix, which I read from the screen (using imshow using a color checker utility) and on the screen I see, they are very close (but not at all) What do I see in the app to see other images.

So I'm not sure S is an answer, but there is more information in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -