`require': cannot load such file -- rubygems.rb when installing ruby and rubygems with rvm -


I was trying to use RVM on a new installation of Ruby and RubyGums at Ubuntu 13.10. I already had an installation, before it got corrupted in some way. I decided to restore everything, so I started removing all traces of Ruby and Ruby

  rvm implode   

.

However, after restoring it using

  \ curl -L https://get.rvm.io. bash -s stable - rue source / home /<ususername>/.rvm/scripts/rvm   

when I run the gem install rails , get me The following error occurs:

  & lt; Internal: gem_prelude & gt ;: 1: In 'requirement': Can not load such a file - from rubygems.rb (LoadError) & lt; Internal: gem_prelude & gt ;: 1: in `& lt; Compiled & gt; '  

What's the problem here?

It turns out that my problem was that I used to type the gem manually Had made a symbolic link from / usr / bin . After removing the symbolic link, I am restoring everything using the following commands:

  rvm implode \ curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s static - rue source / home /<ususername>/.rvm/scripts/rvm   

followed by

  Install Gem Rail < / Code>  

worked like a charm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -