python - Maxscript registeroleinterface appears to not be working -


First of all, whoever reads through this and gives me some help / feedback because I am a couple I'm struggling with it for the day I am new to stackoverflow and have tried to be as detailed as possible in the question.

I'm trying to install an OLE server on 3ds max. I have followed the instructions [[here] () including editing the registry and highlighting the function.

However, when I try to call the function from another program, I get an error which leads me to suspect that the registerOLEInterface function is not recorded (I have MATLAB and a dragon script with tried). In Python, I used a very similar script before [here] () and received an error like this:


  'traceback' (most recent call final ): File "Start .py", line 8, & lt; Module & gt; MAXCOM ._FlagAsMethod ("maxCommand") file "C: \ Python27 \ lib \ site-package \ win32com \ client \ dynamic.py", line 437, _FlagAsMethod description = build.MapEntry (self .__ AttrToID __ (name), (Name,)) File "C: \ Python27 \ lib \ site-package \ win32com \ customer \ dynamic.py", line 442, __AttrToID__ return self._oleobj_.GetIDsOfNames in (0, attr) pywintypes.com_error: (- + 2147352570, 'unknown name.', None, none) `  

MATLAB, h = actxserver (in 'Max.Application.15') works fine, but When I try to reach the function using h.maxCommand, I get this error:


  `Any suitable method, property, or area class COM.Max_Application_15.`   

I appreciate any help that what I am doing wrong. I'm using the maximum of 2013 and tried it with 32 and 64-bit versions.

Thanks,

Please note that I do not have access to the 3DS Max , And my answer is based on my experience of connecting with other OLE and CM servers from MATLAB (such as Microsoft Office and OPC server).

I'm pretty sure that if h = actxserver ('max.application.15') is working fine and does not give you an error message, then you successfully set Up and connected to an OLE server

The problem may be that you are using the wrong syntax for whatever maximum demand is done in the 3D Max Max. Perhaps, for example, it requires input logic Note that the MATLAB error message is slightly elliptical - it states that there is no appropriate method, property or region, not a method that is not Property, or region I have found that one of the common reasons for receiving this message is that I am calling a method that exists, but it is not calling it correctly.

To find out whether the syntax maxCommand is expected, try typing methodsview (h) . This will give you a list of all the methods of h , with their expected input types, and can give you an idea of ​​how maxCommand should be called.

Hope that helps - I'm afraid that not much I can do without a copy of 3D Max.

EDIT

After looking at the 3DS max documentation link provided by you immediately, it seems that a simple function maxVersion No input arguments are required for , and only gives the version number of 3D Max Max. Try running h.maxVersion to see a simple test, to successfully avoid any possible confusion about input logic for a maxCommand Connected. As

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -