vb.net - Cant run app from win7 64bit to xp sp2 32bit (VS2010) -


I create a window application from VS2010 under Win7 64bit and its work fine ... then I build the app and I An app for another machine that works under Win XP SP2 32bit.

When I try to fix my work app and when I try to connect to mysql database, I get an error like this: <

Error [IM002] [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] The name of the data source is not found and the default driver is not specified.

This is my connection string: Slow MysqlCon New MySqlConnection Dim OdbcCon as New OdbcConnection Dim ConnString as String = ("Dsn = SqlConn ; Server = 192.168.10.1; UID = USERID; pwd = PASSWORD; database = database; port = 3306 ") OdbcCon Some people say that I have to change my connection string, but no one can tell me the correct connection string. .

How can I solve this problem?

On Windows XP

  1. Open Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Click "Add" under Data Source (ODBC) "User DSN"

  2. In my case I select "MySQL ODBC 5.2 Unicode Driver"

  3. / p>

  4. < p> Data source name: SqlConn, TCP / IP Saver: 1982.18.10.1, User: USERID, Password: Password, Database: Database
  5. OK

    This simple step is working .. Thanks for the reply.

    The error is very clear on your development machine, you have an ODBC entry for that database, which you Trying to connect. You do not do the test machine.

    Go to your development machine:

      control panel - & gt; ODBC - & gt; UserDsN (tab)   

    On that tab you will have an entry for SqlConn You need to repeat this entry on any system that you want your software to be Will turn on. Your database is a MySQL database, so you will probably also need to install it.

    To make this a good user for your application you can install MySQL driver and you can also add the ODBC Entry Program. The latter can be used by either, or the API is probably a better plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -