sql server - Multiple shared datasets in different report projects -


I have a database called CommonDB. I have created a shared data set from this database in one of my report projects. The report needs to include the same shared data set in the project. Ideally this would be good if I could point it to the test site in the bid and develop my report on the basis of the context.

I was thinking that there is a way to do this without adding existing data sets (as I was hoping to keep the code base, so I do not have to update it in different projects ). I know that you can also add an existing data set from the URL, but it defeats the purpose because it only downloads one report in my report solution and it is not synced.

Any thoughts? Thank you :)

This scenario is not supported by BIDS / Visual Studio.

It gets spoiled: if you use more than one project on the same server in the same shared dataset folder, then they try to reuse each other shared dataset definitions at runtime Will be the latest posted shared dataset definition will win

There are similar problems with the data source - though they are less volatile.

To avoid this, I like to keep all the reports for a single SSRS server example in a single bid / visual studio project I use project configuration to deploy reports to different folders I am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -