version control - Restore deleted workspace in TFS to retrieve pending edits -


I edited on my local machine, which had its own workspace, I was given a new machine and I got my new machine Has set up a new workspace. By mistake I had removed my old workstation, while pending edits associated with it were still present. Has lost all my pending edits now, is there any way to recover all my lost pending edits?

Please note that I still have access to my old machine. If I am able to retrieve all my lost pending edits then I can bring those files to my new machine and check-in those changes.

You should be able to do the following:

  1. The same source To achieve the changes, use "Get Specific Version" on your new machine (set the last change you received) to set it as a local workspace, in this way Visual Studio will automatically get the form of "check out" Will locate files transferred in
  2. Zip all files from your old machine
  3. Remove all files
  4. Wait to consolidate the local workspace (Visual Studio to detect it Give some time to see which files have changed)
  5. Use to add any file
  6. Use the "Get the latest version", fix any merge trignds Make everything, run your unit test
  7. Your code To switch to the investigation.

    This will not detect deleted files, but the modified / added files should be detected / added. You must compare both the system files to make sure all files are handled correctly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verilog Error: output or inout port "Q" must be connected to a structural net expression -

jasper reports - How to center align barcode using jasperreports and barcode4j -

c# - ASP.NET MVC - Attaching an entity of type 'MODELNAME' failed because another entity of the same type already has the same primary key value -